Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme or QMAS is a quota based visa system which targets talented persons from different sectors who want to settle in Hong Kong. The skilled professionals should enhance H K’s competitiveness in global market.
- Visa applicants should meet the outlined guidelines by Immigration department
- Pass Points test-either General OR Achievement
- There is a quarterly quota set by the HK Department of Immigration to select the best candidates
- Approval-in-Principal Letter given for Interview in Hong Kong
- You need to attend the visa interview with original documents
- On successful completion you will be granted entry visa / work permit granted for 1 year
- Your spouse & children under 18 can accompany you to HK
The following pre-requisites need to be satisfied to get Hong Kong QMAS
- You should be more than 18 years old
- You should be financially strong to support yourself and your families during your stay without depending on public financial assistance
- You should have a good character-No criminal or felony record or any kind of adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or elsewhere
- You should be proficient in written and spoken English or Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese)
- You should normally have a first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution
Points Based Test
Beside meeting all the per-requisites, visa applicants for Hong Kong Quality Migrant admission Scheme need to pass any one of these points based test: General Points Based Test OR Achievement Points Based Test
General Points Based Test is based on
- Academic Qualifications
- Work Experience
- Language Proficiency
- Family Background
Minimum pass mark: 80 points out of 165
Achievement Based Points Test
- You need to possess exceptional talent
- You should have outstanding skills
- You should have won state / national / international awards
- You should have made a significant contribution in your field
Points awarded 165 or 0
Contact Opulentus to know your eligibility points and more about Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme.
Prescribed fee for the issue of a visa, entry permit, or extension of stay under the Scheme is HK$160.
Disclaimer: Visa fees are subjected to change without prior notice.